Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mason is...WALKING!

Over the last few days, Mason has been standing for longer periods independently and taking multiple hands-free steps near objects that he could hold onto if he needed. Last night, Mason left a chair in the middle of the room and casually walked to the couch with probably 6 independent steps. Travis and I were both fortunate enough to see it happen. It was the very first time Mason stepped out into space with nothing to hold onto; no safety net. He did great and kept his balance the entire time! Hopefully we can capture it on film soon!

1 comment:

bobarah said...

I am SOOOOOO excited for you!!! I know how much more exciting it seems when your child is a little behind in their gross motor skills. Callie has not slowed down since she started crawling really well. The most interesting thing is that everytime I go to the half bath so feels the need to follow me :) I can't wait for Mason to start walking all over the place. And although it will be a new challenge for you I know you are ready for it :) Lots of love!!