Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today is a New Day

I was having a tough CDH day yesterday, all of us CDH Moms have them sometimes. I found myself emotionally wrapped up in all of the negative aspects of CDH and I found myself posting an update that I fondly entitled "I Hate CDH". I have since decided to delete it....because today is a new day.

Thank you Carrie (Noah's Mom) for spending the better part of an hour on the phone with me last night. We comiserated, we talked, we laughed and came to the conclusion that one day our tube fed boys (including Ethan and Riley!) are all going to be eating pizza and discussing sports and other boy things! We will ALL get there. There will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears....but they will get there...and they will experience more love than most children while doing so!

Thank you for uplifting me, even though you are going through trials of your own. It means so much to talk with someone who is going through the same things and experiencing the same fears!

Today is a new day!

3 comments:

Brian and Carrie Baker said...

AWWWW!!! You have no idea how your friendship changed my life! I am so very blessed to have you and Travis as well as the rest of our CDH family in our lives. And you're right, today is a new day! Another great, beautiful, (sometimes stressful), never dull, always eventful, blessed day, with our AMAZING kids. You've helped me through so many of my "I Hate CDH" days as well! Oh and while our boys are eating pizza and talking about cars and girls, their moms will be raising our glasses(hopefully containing some sort of alcohol) and toasting to this crazy journey we've all been on!
We're in this together!
The Bakers

Liz and Shane said...

I have those days "I hate CDH". I pray and pray. We are blessed to have our miracles. You were an inpspiration to us when we found out about Nayeli being diagnosed at 18 weeks. You still are our inspiration.

Weylin and Tori said...

I am so sorry that you had one of those days! I have them too, in fact probably too many of them. You are never alone in this fight! And yes, one day our boys will be eating pizza together, all of them! Hope you are having a better day!