Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Step

This past Sunday I met up with some other UofM CDH Moms for lunch and coffee. It was wonderful to get together with all of them and catch up. We found a great central location for all of us and we hope to do it again sometime soon!

This is just a short post that I needed to write this down so that I can reference it when I am updating Mason's baby book later...

When I came home Travis gave me the news that Mason took one step by himself about 5 minutes before I came home. He was looking out the window and then turned around and wanted to get to one of his stand-up toys. Instead of getting down and crawling to it like usual, he let go of the window and stepped over to it himself. Travis said it happened so fast that by the time he realized it and started to cheer, Mason was looking at him like "what did I do?".

Yesterday at our Pulmonary appointment, Mason was cruising some of the furniture in the exam room while we were waiting for the doc. He was standing and holding onto my legs and decided to walk over to the stroller by himself. He took about 1 - 2 steps with his arms outstretched in front of him and had a huge grin on his face when he arrived safely.

Seems like the walker is helping Mason develop his core muscles and find his balance. It is so much fun to watch him take these first couple of steps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!! Way to go Mason!
The Bakers

bobarah said...

Yeah for Mason!!! I know how excited you must be that he is finally taking some steps!