Friday, October 26, 2007

5 Months Old!

Our little guy turned 5 months old yesterday! I can't believe how fast time has flown by!

Mason is still doing great. He weighed in at 10 lbs, 9 oz on Wednesday. We are hoping that this means he will be over 11 pounds for his surgery. His tube feeds were increased again to help keep his momentum going.

Our visit to the Pulmonologist on Wednesday went great. They were really pleased with how clear his lungs were sounding and thought that his lungs would not give us any trouble during his surgery. He will probably be left on the ventilator after the surgery (most kids come right off) for about 24 hours just to be safe. Given his history, they don't want to take any chances. At this point Travis and I are still trying to mentally prepare ourselves to see him on the vent again.

Wednesday was exciting in other ways as well. Mason ended up getting an x-ray in the morning to check the placement of his feeding tube. He was getting a clog before we left for the hospital and I flushed his line out with warm Coke. Minutes later he threw up Coke which seemed strange since he is feed into his intestines. The tube placement ended up fine and the nurse said that maybe he just prefers Pepsi. When we got home, I was giving some meds and his tube clogged up for good. We had to pack right back up and head back to the hospital for a new tube (his 7th one). Long story short, the receptionist at radiology gave us a hard time mainly because she was confused since we had been there already and didn't believe that we needed more x-rays. She had me so frustrated that I ended up having to give her a piece of my mind. I refused to leave until Mason got the films we needed and I was confident his new tube was placed correctly.

I have taken some video on our digital camera that I would like to post, but have not figured out how yet. I will work on it this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have paid a million $ to see you give that woman a piece of your mind! You go girl! I am proud! I don't know about you, but I am going to trail Noah's NG tube out the window the whole way home from surgery! Bon Yoyage! Not going to miss it!

The 311 Boys Mom said...

WAY TO STAND UP FOR YOUR BOY!!!YOU'RE ALWAYS YOU'RE OWN BEST ADVOCATE!!!

I HAD 2 NURSES & 1 ASSISTANT & 1 DR (REDSIDENT) THAT I WOULDN'T LET NEAR MY KID. WHEN WE WERE AT CHM ALL THE TIME.

THE 3RD YR REDISENT ASKED "HOW DID HE CONTRACT THIS?"

FYI~~BRANDON HAD CANCER; I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT YOU DON'T CONTRACT THIS, IT’S NOT THE FLU!!!

THE NURSES, I JUST FELT WERE INCOMPETENT & 1 SMOKED & WHEN YOU'RE ON CHEMO~~~THAT SMELLS REALLY BAD & HE WAS ALREADY SICK TO HIS STOMACHE.