Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Recovery Update

Well, it has been 5 days since the temporary balloon tracheal occlusion surgery. The surgery was scheduled for Friday, 4/13/07 (just our luck lately). I was admitted to the hospital the night before. The overall surgery and balloon placement was successful. Overall, I felt pretty good after the surgery with very little pain and only a few random contractions and was discharged from the hospital on Saturday, 4/14/07. Since then I have been on modified bed rest which basically means I still have to lay around but I can get up to use the bathroom or walk from room to room if I wish. We had an ultrasound both on Saturday and yesterday. The balloon was identified in both to still be in the correct place. Travis and I also received some good news yesterday that there appears to be some visable lung growth. We are praying that there will be continued lung growth and no pre-term labor complications between now and the surgery to remove the balloon (tentatively scheduled for 5/10/07). Our next ultrasound appointment will probably be on Thursday of next week.

6 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Hi Rosie & Travis, We miss you guys very much!! We can never talk too much!! In our prayers always, Love, Mom & Dad Sennett

Jax said...

Hi guys!!!! Hope you are doing well and finding ways to keep yourselves entertained. Take Care and talk to you soon.

Jacquelynn

Robin said...

Thanks for all the information. I am so happy that the baby's lungs are expanding! How's the chess lessons going? Travis, make sure you give her all the rules and strategy.....

It must be hard for such active people to be sedentary. Let us know if you need something to keep you busy.

Take care of yourselves,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a friend of Jacquelynn's and she told me what was going on. Just wanted to let you know I will pray for you.

Trent

Anonymous said...

We are sending tons of positive thoughts and prayers your way!!
Take care and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Annmarie, Dennis and Luke

Jaci said...

I've been hearing prayer requests for you for some weeks, but only today read your story. You are wonderful witnesses to life and parental love. You will be richly blessed for your heroic efforts. I will pray for your continued courage, for the success of the balloon occlusion and for the joyful delivery of your son. Even the long days of bedrest will soon be a distant memory. jaci. Harrisville